To help activate this goal, I recently enrolled in Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University and LOVE IT! I'm taking the online class so that I don't have to be away from home...it's basketball season in our house and the kids' schedules are bananas! I'm looking forward to taking Dave's Baby Steps towards Financial Peace. If you haven't checked out the class before, take a look at the clip below:
Click Here to go to the video!
....and here are the baby steps....ya can't skip around....gotta go through the process honey!
- Step 1: $1,000 in an emergency fund.
- Step 2: Pay off all debt except the house utilizing the debt snowball.
- Step 3: Three to six months of savings in a fully funded emergency fund.
- Step 4: Invest 15% of your household income into Roth IRAs and pre-tax retirement plans.
- Step 5: College Funding
- Step 6: Pay off your home early.
- Step 7: Build wealth and give.